Sunday, June 24, 2012

Bobbi Sinha-Morey

  Bobbi Sinha-Morey
 
 
Dark Afternoons
 
It was so simple then
 
in the dark afternoons,
 
beneath the unbroken
 
clouds and placid sky
 
when I thought I saw
 
you again on the icy
 
path coming towards
 
me in the thick snow,
 
uncovering a memory
 
that lay buried not long
 
ago. Tears of mercy
 
coated my skin and you
 
welcomed the grey light
 
of my home to sit with
 
me in the same dusty
 
chair again. I listened
 
to your words and there
 
rose a metaphor. You
 
knew I collected sadness;
 
the grief I shared inside
 
almost sagged from
 
the weight. I'd never let
 
you go again like I did
 
before; and, now that I
 
see you, your aura has
 
left a grey light on my
 
door.
 
 
A Wrinkle In Silence
 
Under the vast pallor
 
of the sky the blanched
 
morning stares in like
 
a face flattened against
 
the pane. I turn my head
 
away from the window,
 
the last memory I had was
 
the small lake wrapped
 
in its wrinkled silence.
 
I would have loved to
 
crack its mirror with a
 
rock, lay facedown in
 
the snow, chip off a crust
 
of ice for my pillow.
 
Today I raise my fist in
 
defiance of the cold.
 
The lake's icy water
 
darkly moves under
 
the wicked wind, one
 
that has stolen the
 
cloak off my wintering
 
soul.
 
 
The Silent Light
 
In the silent light
 
my secret pity has
 
not been a waste
 
when ever day I've
 
been fed on the
 
fullness of death.
 
Daylight has tapered
 
in the darkness and
 
the muted colors are
 
so lonely when I pray.
 
My eyes fall upon the
 
shadow of the moon
 
and outside my window
 
the world has forgotten
 
me as if I've been living
 
in the dark rooms of
 
the past. The solace of
 
the wind has been so
 
familiar, yet it's been
 
unkind; the air is so soft
 
but its voice is like the
 
sharp edge of bone.
 
It wants to wrap itself
 
around me while my
 
unforgiven soul is
 
always starting over.
 
 
 
I am
a reviewer for the online magazine Specusphere and a poet. My latest book of poetry, Rain Song,
is available at www.writewordsinc.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment